Related land trust job announcements will be posted on this page for up to 3 months from date of posting. If interested in applying for a position, please contact the appropriate person or email address listed in the job posting below. Contact email@example.com to inquire about adding a job posting to this site.
POSITION: Executive Director
ORGANIZATION: Brackenridge Park Conservancy
LOCATION: San Antonio area
The Brackenridge Park Conservancy is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 2009 by a group of San Antonio citizens who envisioned the organization serving as a steward of and an advocate for the Brackenridge Park and an instrument for preserving and enhancing the park’s natural, historic, educational and recreational resources for the enjoyment of current and future generations. In 2015, the Conservancy entered into a formal agreement with the City of San Antonio to provide cooperative management of the park. For more information, visit https://www.brackenridgepark.org/about-the-conservancy/mission-and-vision
Reporting to the Board Chair, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) leads and manages the overall operations and staff of the organization in accordance with policies and goals established by the Board of Directors. The Chief Executive Officer works in cooperation with Board members to implement the organization’s strategic and operational goals to fulfill its mission and vision. The Chief Executive Officer builds strong partnerships within the Park and in the community. The CEO oversees and mentors staff members and volunteers to achieve the Conservancy’s goals and objectives.
The successful candidate is a visionary leader and change agent with strong integrity. The candidate has a combination of strategic thinking and operational proficiencies, that embody best management practices, good governance, and sound decision-making. The Chief Executive Officer will possess a leadership style that is collaborative in nature and empowers staff and volunteers to achieve their highest potential. In partnership with the Board, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing a growth strategy for the organization.
Required and Preferred Education and Work Experience
• Required: Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, non-profit management or similar degree.
• Preferred: Master’s degree in business or public administration or similar degree.
• Required: Seven to ten years progressive responsibility in a non-profit management position or comparable work experience in the for profit or government sectors.
• Preferred: Five to seven years executive director or senior leadership experience.
The compensation is commensurate with experience
Resumes may be submitted to:
Terry Brechtel, Interim Chief Executive Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION: Conservation Associate
ORGANIZATION: Coastal Prairie Conservancy
LOCATION: Houston area
The Conservation Associate will work as part of a team to conserve farms, ranches and natural areas in the Texas mid-coast through conservation easement agreements entered with private landowners.
Activities will include:
• Coordinate and support the Texas Coastal Prairie Initiative (A regional conservation partnership program of NRCS), working with other CPC staff and partners regarding project screening, outreach activities and outcomes reporting.
• Visit potential CPC easement properties, create baseline reports and management plans
• Support real estate transactions for conservation.
• Expand cooperative working relationships with landowners, collaborative conservation groups, local and regional wildlife agencies and other resource professionals.
• Educate private landowners regarding conservation easements and funding opportunities.
• Promote landowner education regarding Agricultural Land Easements funded through the NRCS, including easements funded through the Texas Coastal Prairie Initiative, a Regional Conservation Partnership Program.
• Complete applications for easement funding, including maps and other application requirements.
• Conduct monitoring visits of CPC easement properties.
For full job description, see https://www.coastalprairieconservancy.org/employment-internships