Related land trust job announcements will be posted on this page for up to 3 months from date of posting. If interested in applying for a position, please contact the appropriate person or email address listed in the job posting below. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about adding a job posting to this site.
Organization: Native Prairies Association of Texas
Position: North Texas Outreach and Stewardship Director
The regional focus is North Texas: the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area and surrounding counties, as well as areas where NPAT has existing properties. Key responsibilities include being a spokesperson for NPAT’s mission, educating urban and rural audiences about prairie conservation and restoration, developing partnerships with local government agencies and other organizations, developing relationships with landowners .and identifying potential conservation projects in North Texas. This director would also provide stewardship support for NPAT’s properties in North Texas.
- Be a spokesperson for native prairie conservation and the ecosystem services that they provide. Be a resource for restoration and management of prairie lands.
- Make presentations both in-person and virtually on topics such as the benefits of native prairies, prairie and water conservation, conservation easements, restoring native grasslands, and the value of grasslands in carbon sequestration.
- Plan and implement restoration workshops and training sessions with emphasis on native grassland management and restoration, and the value of grasslands for carbon sequestration. Assist in training volunteers through the Prairie Seekers program.
- Work with and present to local city and county officials as needed to support prairie conservation and restoration efforts in the region.
- Develop partnerships and participate with other organizations and agencies to further NPAT’s conservation goals.
- Coordinate with local NPAT chapters to support and develop programs such as workshops and field trips that further the mission of prairie conservation, appreciation and management.
- Support fundraising and chapter expansion efforts through outreach.
- Work with the Executive Director, and the Property, Acquisition and Management Committee on easement and other land acquisition projects for the North Texas region.
- Respond to queries from area landowners about land conservation in general, conservation easements, land donations, and other property acquisition questions.
- Develop landowner contacts and help identify potential and appropriate land acquisition projects.
- Make presentations and recommendations to the NPAT board on potential easement and acquisition projects.
- Assist Property Management committees with writing and implementation of restoration and management plans and activities as needed for NPAT conservation easement and fee simple properties in North Texas.
- Coordinate and work with volunteers on stewardship projects at NPAT prairies.
- Assist in development of on-line restoration manual (already initiated through a previous grant).
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in field related to land conservation such as natural resource management, environmental science, ecology, geography, community and regional planning.
- At least 5 years professional workforce experience in related fields.
- A demonstrated understanding of prairie ecosystems and the conservation goals of Native Prairies Association of Texas.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, persuasive writing, and critical thinking skills; and experience with public speaking—both in-person and virtual settings.
- Familiarity with regional conservation issues.
- Skills in establishing, managing, and maintaining collaborative working relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, and ability to create presentations
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Physical ability and willingness to work outdoors in sometimes adverse weather conditions.
- Valid Class “C” driver’s license.
To Apply: Email résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. The position will remain open until February 1, 2021. Applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. The Native Prairies Association of Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. More info: https://texasprairie.org/now-hiring/